I’ve got two things to share with you today, the dish that most routinely hits my kitchen table and my new ZipList partnership.
The recipe is all in the pic above. It’s my breakfast, a porridge I quickly prepare (or let prepare :)) in the microwave every morning.
I strongly believe in it. For too long I didn’t take my breakfast too seriously and ignored all disadvantages of skipping it. By eating all the goodies pictured above, I am now powering my body with nutrients, vitamins and kick starting the day to the best of my ability. I came to conclusions that a good breakfast is the best strategy to survive a daily tube ride at the Bank station (aka the Hell) during the morning peak times.
I keep my hands off melt-in-the mouth all butter croissants (here’s another hard morning task) and ban the Kellogg cereal box that contains almost more refined sugar than a can of coke.
Second announcement. I’ve added a ZipList.com feature to the blog that allows you to access a personal online recipe box and shopping list! It’s your personal platform and customized cookbook.
Just click over the “Save Recipe” button in the recipe box below (always placed at the bottom of my posts), create your free account, start saving your favorite recipes from mine and many other blogs and add the ingredients you need to your personal shopping list.
To access your recipe box or shopping list from my blog, just click the Recipe Box in my navigation menu. Enjoy it!
Ah… and don’t forget to prepare yourself a healthy breakfast every morning! It’s five minutes well spent.
- 1/2 cup rolled porridge oats
- 1 cup milk I use unsweetened soy milk
- Toppings of your choice my choice: 1 Tbsp honey, half chopped banana, 1 fig, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 4 almonds, 3 walnut, 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- In a microwave safe bowl pour a cup of milk over the oats. Place in the microwave for 1 minute on full power.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave, stir, add your toppings and sprinkle with cinnamon.