I feel much better. Thanks for all your well wishes!
A couple of days with high temperature did not bring me down as much as a few hours of acute laryngitis that left me 100% mute. No voice through my vocal chords. Someone here might have enjoyed the tranquility originated from my temporary mutism but for me… well, it was a pain not being able to sing O Sole Mio.
Can you hear my loud writing now? I’m back and I’m healthier than ever. Or at least, I am trying to be. Since I’ve got 2-3 kg to get rid of I started visiting a gym, keeping my meals light
and eating (almost) daily the ice cream cone with chocolate flake, 99 p style.
C’mon, don’t judge me. Maybe you think that an ice cream a day doesn’t fit in a low calorie diet. Of course, it doesn’t! I know for a fact that most of us want to get slimmer (it’s a classically conceived axiom) and each of us has a strategy. Mine is an ice cream that fits perfectly with my quest for happiness. That’s enough, for now. For all the rest, there’s a giant CousCous salad and my new workout plans. There’s this infernal rowing machine that will help me sweat off some fat. Something like that.
Anyhow, at the end of the day it’s not my fault if there’s a 24 hr McDonald’s 2 minutes far from home. Sigh.
Giant Whole Wheat CousCous and Butter Bean Salad
- 100 g cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 1 cup giant couscous
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 1 cup curly kale leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, cook the beans with 1 Tbsp olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the giant couscous for 6-8 mins. Meanwhile, combine 2 tbsp olive oil with the lemon juice and pour over kale.
- Drain couscous and mix with dressing, kale, tomatoes and butter beans. Serve with a small handful roughly chopped basil leaves on top.