Human nature is inertly judgmental, curious, scrutinizing, inquisitive, suspicious. Sometimes gentle, in love, benevolent, friendly, generous. Also frightened, intimidated by the crowd’s gaze, torn by the competition and the insatiable hunger for more.
I can see in me all of these elements fighting with each others. I see a myself free and bold against a myself shy and not confident enough. A little of internal battle takes place in my mind to overcome a buried fear of being judged. In some sense, publishing recipes and sharing with you a piece of my word is the victory of my freer side on the introvert one – it means “whatever, let’s expose a little of me to the stranger’s eye”.
I am not an artist, nor the “photographer” I would like to be. I am just pretty sure that a severe judgmental approach to what I do, will never get me as much far as the wish to overcome limitations and fears. I’m happy walking in the field of my desires.
Ah, right. The recipe. I love to “frenchtoast” my breakfast… remember my Mozzarella Stuffed French Toasts? This time I played with the classic recipe by replacing sandwich bread with flat bread. I also added a topping – a mix of my favorite ingredients, cinnamon, fruit, honey and the lightest whey cheese I know, ricotta. I got a sort of sweet pizza/french toast. A successful experiment I will repeat soon.
Flat bread French Toast with Ricotta and Strawberries
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more, if needed
- ½ cup milk
- 4 pieces flat bread
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Carefully dip the slices of flat bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook on each side in a pan with olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread ricotta evenly over your 4 bread slices. Top each slice with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, honey and cinnamon.