Traditional basil pesto is one of my all time favorites, when it comes to adding flavor too any dish. Whether it’s fish, potatoes, salads, pasta… You name it – green pesto works perfectly with it. I was however tempted to try a different variation of this delicious food so I made a pea pesto and served it with crostini and tomato. Pea pesto is even easier to make than the basil one. Any blender will work just fine and there is no need to care about the freshness of the basil leaves!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook peas in boiling water ultill softened. Drain.
- Put the peas, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender. While the it blends, gradually pour the olive oil into the mixture.